Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is paying for my MRIs?

Options
  • 14-02-2013 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I am currently in the process of renewing my health insurance. Money is tight so I want to reduce my premium which will obviously result in less cover.
    I have being attending an out-patients clinic for the past 3 years for an underlying problem that is being monitored for the time being.

I understand that there is no charge for these out patient visits but I have been referred from there for two MRI scans. I've never got a bill for these and to my surprise I just found out that my Health insurer hasn't paid for them either.

Are MRIs free if you have been referred from an out-patients or has there been some mistake?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

As a private patient you should be paying the doctor yourself for an outpatient visit. If you are not and the insurance are not being billed for the MRIs then I would suspect you are beIng seen as a public patient.

Advertisement