Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I collect JB late?

Options
  • 14-02-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My Jobseeker's Benefit is in the post office on Wednesday. Due to unforseen circumstances, I won't be able to collect it and will not be back home until late Friday evening.

Is it possible to collect it on Saturday?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Monife wrote: »
    Hi,

My Jobseeker's Benefit is in the post office on Wednesday. Due to unforseen circumstances, I won't be able to collect it and will not be back home until late Friday evening.

Is it possible to collect it on Saturday?

Thanks

It's kept for three days Monife. So it should still be there on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

phoenix999 wrote: »
    It's kept for three days Monife. So it should still be there on Saturday.

Erm its 3 working days Weds, Thurs and Friday if its not collected by the close of business on Friday then it goes back. If that happens just go into the welfare office and say you were not feeling well or something you will get the money back

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

It is meant to be 3 working days but I would chance collecting it on Saturday as it would appear some payments are there up until the day before the next payment is in. If it expires it takes about 3 weeks to get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

I have collected on a Saturday morning previously

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Usually there on sat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I've collected on Saturday and even Monday morning before

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 23 maggymay

Money is there until Monday evening in the post office if normally collected on Weds.

Advertisement