Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 (32gb) €299 @ O2.ie

Options
  • 14-02-2013 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

iPhone 4 32gb reduced to €299 on O2.ie! 8gb version is €379?

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

iDann wrote: »
    iPhone 4 32gb reduced to €299 on O2.ie! 8gb version is €379?

:D

Is that the 4 or the 4S Dan. Also is it on Bill or Ready to Go, trying to avoid renewing my contract if possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Did you try buy it. The link doesn't work.

Is that the 4 or the 4S Dan. Also is it on Bill or Ready to Go, trying to avoid renewing my contract if possible

4 and prepay. The link doesn't work though. Normal O2 flaky website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

BostonB wrote: »

4 and prepay. The link doesn't work though. Normal O2 flaky website.

Ahhh typical! Sorry about that!

Sill maybe its an offer they are planning. So watch the site I say. They might fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Until yesterday it was out of stock, now the link doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

€300 for a 3yr old phone and people think this is a bargain. Apple has warped yer minds!!!!

What would get instead with the same quality camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

How about, ummm, a camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭shygal

ciano1 wrote: »
    How about, ummm, a camera?

brb calling off my camera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

shygal wrote: »
    brb calling off my camera

I think a phone would be a better option to make a call...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭shygal

ciano1 wrote: »
    I think a phone would be a better option to make a call...

so do I

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The Iphone 4S and 5 have great 8MP cameras. this is only a 4, a phone that launched in June 2010. That means only a 5MP camera..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Zonda999 wrote: »
    The Iphone 4S and 5 have great 8MP cameras. this is only a 4, a phone that launched in June 2010. That means only a 5MP camera..

But of course once you look past the marketing babble on megapixels you will find that 5mp is loads.
    I agree that this doesnt make the iPhone for €300 a mega catch. I think Apple announced a budget iPhone and a 5s for later this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,440 ✭✭✭✭ted1

None of the phone cameras have an optical zoom so there's not much point in them having such resolution as if your taking photos that require high resolution you'll probably have a better camera

Boskowski wrote: »
    But of course once you look past the marketing babble on megapixels you will find that 5mp is loads.
    I agree that this doesnt make the iPhone for €300 a mega catch. I think Apple announced a budget iPhone and a 5s for later this year?
    Very true but you can have an average 8MP camera and an excellent 5Mp camera.. The camera in the iphone 4 was never particularly lauded, the one in the 4S was.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

Personally, I don't think an iPhone 4 for €300 is good value. You're better off adding an extra €100 or €200 to that price and then you can get yourself a recent Android or Windows Phone 8 device with decent specs.

Personally, I don't think an iPhone 4 for €300 is good value. You're better off adding an extra €100 or €200 to that price and then you can get yourself a recent Android or Windows Phone 8 device with decent specs.
    This is going OT but you wouldnt even have to spend much extra. You could get an 8Gb Nexus 4 for about €300, or a 16Gb model for under €340, and that phone is practically brand new and is top of the line android..

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

Zonda999 wrote: »
    This is going OT but you wouldnt even have to spend much extra. You could get an 8Gb Nexus 4 for about €300, or a 16Gb model for under €340, and that phone is practically brand new and is top of the line android..

Yeah, I guess your right. It would obviously be worth spending that extra €40 for the extra storage. 8Gb would be too small for some people. Especially if they have a lot of music etc etc. Google should really make a 32Gb version though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Iphone 4 would have the nicest camera in around that budget.

It's not bad for 300.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Not when you have a sh1tty sensor.

Ye are kinda missing the point here. You can't compare a 2nd hand phone, a camera, something thats more expensive, even 2 times more expensive with a 32gb iPhone at this price point. You can't compare a dire sensor with a half decent one. Finally You either want an Android phone, or you want an iPhone.

But this is a bargains thread. Its not a Iphone vs Android phone in Mobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭biebiebie

It might be a bargain to some. For others they can see better value with Android. Whatever way you see it, it's simply old money for old rope. Practically outdated technology that will be laughed in 6 months time, if not already. If you don't mind that aspect then by all accounts consider this a bargain and bag yourself your bargain before its gone. All IMHO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭biebiebie

It might be a bargain to some. For others they can see better value with Android. Whatever way you see it, it's practically outdated technology that will be embarrassing in 6 months time, if not already. If you don't mind that aspect then by all accounts consider this a bargain and bag yourself your bargain before its gone. All IMHO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

So true. I'm afraid to answer calls in the super-market in case a grannie sees I'm still packing an iPhone 4 and starts snickering at me.

I usually make up some lie about it being "a 4s, hahahahaha.." and slowly walk away with my head bowed in utter shame.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No, Apple announced nothing. You're confusing it with the rumour mill.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

biebiebie wrote: »
    It might be a bargain to some. For others they can see better value with Android. Whatever way you see it, it's practically outdated technology that will be embarrassing in 6 months time, if not already. If you don't mind that aspect then by all accounts consider this a bargain and bag yourself your bargain before its gone. All IMHO :)

Again, it is a BA for an iPhone. If you have a bargain on an android, why don't you start a thread on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,844 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Euurrrrggghhh... get a life lads!

I've owned both an iPhone and Android and I function just fine.. I don't feel the need to constantly have an internal monologue war with myself.

Different people have different needs and preferences.. just f*cking deal with it... or to summarise:

46979_10151326279538930_1376909363_n.jpg

Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement