Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic-Con San Diego

Options
  • 14-02-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I plan on going to San Diego for Comic-Con sometime in the next few years. I was wondering is there anyone here was has gone previously or who knows someone who has gone. What was your experience like? I'm looking at accommodation and it's very expensive, especially around the time of Comic-Con. I'd also like to know how you found it getting into Event rooms and interviews etc.

Chances are there won't be anyone who has gone but I have my hopes!

Thanks in advance,
    James.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I went 6 years ago (time to roll out the photos again).

Accommodation is pricy. It does get cheaper the futher away you are but you have to balance it with the amount of travel you'll have to do to get in and out.

There was an awful lot of queuing. And awful lot - especially on the Saturday. At the time (and I don't know if they still do it) they didn't clear the rooms so people would go a could of session before the one they wanted to see so they'd have a seat. There were a few things on that I didn't get into because the rooms were full to capacity. Still, I got to see the likes of Kevin Smith, Neil Gaimen, Warren Ellis, Grant Morrisson, JH Williams III and the Penny Arcade lads.

The main bit of advice if you go is to plan out your days as much as possible and have backup plans if the session you want to go to is full. And bring a a camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I envy you!

How long in advance do you get a timetable of the different sessions? The people you mentioned in your post, did you see them in a session room or was it just behind a desk where they were signing? Would you be able to tell me exactly what's on offer at the event? I know there's the different interviews in the session rooms and the floorspace for exhibitors. If I were to go to none of the interviews would I still have things to do elsewhere?
    Could you go into some more detail about getting into the session rooms and events please? How long (roughly) would you have to line up before it starts? I heard that they don't clear people out in between different events :/

Thanks again,
    James.

Advertisement