Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bet to become a police officer -UK, Canada or OZ?

Options
  • 14-02-2013 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi all,

What in your opinion is the most likely place to get employment as a police officer, prison officer or a similar role? I know Ireland is a no-no place for this profession, for at least the next three years so... Currently at the time of my life where I want to steer in the right direction, but I don't know where my best bet would be. Have done extensive research online, but AFAIK UK is in a similar situation as Ireland - in decline, so jobs are getting fewer, but surely with a country size of that there must be vacancies coming up every once in a while? Canada sounds good but you need a permanent resident status, and Australia, I don't even know, I'd say it's unlikely at best. Any other english speaking countries with reasonable chance of getting a job there?
    Currently sitting in an office for the past 5 years, and it does not suit me :( anyone who can help me move elsewhere and find a good job, can have my nice warm office job!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

nobodiez wrote: »
    Hi all,

What in your opinion is the most likely place to get employment as a police officer, prison officer or a similar role? I know Ireland is a no-no place for this profession, for at least the next three years so... Currently at the time of my life where I want to steer in the right direction, but I don't know where my best bet would be. Have done extensive research online, but AFAIK UK is in a similar situation as Ireland - in decline, so jobs are getting fewer, but surely with a country size of that there must be vacancies coming up every once in a while? Canada sounds good but you need a permanent resident status, and Australia, I don't even know, I'd say it's unlikely at best. Any other english speaking countries with reasonable chance of getting a job there?
    Currently sitting in an office for the past 5 years, and it does not suit me :( anyone who can help me move elsewhere and find a good job, can have my nice warm office job!! :D
    I reckon the uk would be your best bet,many scottish police forces are currently recruiting and accept Irish residents,then in years to come a transfer to Oz or canada may be possible although I dont have much proof to back this up other than"I heard"

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

triple-M wrote: »
    I reckon the uk would be your best bet,many scottish police forces are currently recruiting and accept Irish residents,then in years to come a transfer to Oz or canada may be possible although I dont have much proof to back this up other than"I heard"

which forces specifically?

Advertisement