Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Cooking Club week 6 - Breakfast burrito and Bloody Mary

Options
  • 14-02-2013 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

So I decided to do something a little different and put a breakfast item up. This is delicious anytime of the day though.
    Please go easy on me as this is my first Cooking Club recipe and it's my birthday! :D
    I didn't get a chance to make this recently so excuse the lack of photos.

The best thing about this is you can put as much or as little effort in as you want.
    I typically have guacamole, salsa, sausage, scrambled eggs and maybe cheddar in my burrito. Pick and choose what you like to have in yours.

Guacamole:
    3 avocados
    half cup of chopped onion
    2 or 3 chopped tomatoes
    1 clove garlic chopped
    1 lime
    2 or 3 tblsp coriander
    salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything together with the mashed avocados. Squeeze the lime juice through it and add the salt and pepper to your taste.

Salsa:
    1 tin of chopped tomatoes
    1 medium onion
    1 bell pepper
    1-2 tblsp of chopped jalapeno
    1 tblsp minced garlic
    salt and red pepper to taste

Chop everything up and mix together. Add the salt and red pepper to taste. This is best made a few hours before so the flavours can blend together.

Scrambled eggs:
    3 eggs,
    Milk
    Black pepper
    Salt

Whisk the eggs and milk together and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
    Heat gently in a saucepan until scrambled.

For the sausage, they sell it over here (USA) in a ground form as well like minced beef. This is what I use but feel free to use any breakfast meat you want.

I also use fresh tortillas which you cook gently on a non-stick pan.
    Simply load all the ingredients together, fold your tortilla as best you can and enjoy!

Here's one I made recently but it's all store bought ingredients. Homemade guacamole and salsa are much nicer.

?ui=2&ik=920e3d9a3a&view=att&th=13cd796859390751&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hd5l18jb0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-1gq3cf5Ql6JfqOrEeGZN_&sadet=1360826656957&sads=yQrCXwi7PDFX_DQo0FakYVTcDOA

Bloody Mary:
    3oz Tomato juice
    1/2oz lemon juice
    Dash of Worcestershire sauce
    Hot sauce of your choice
    Celery salt
    Pepper
    Celery stalk
    Vodka

Add the tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
    Blend or shake well. Leave aside for a few hours to let it blend as well.
    Pour a measure of Vodka in and garnish with celery stalk.
    I like it spicy so I'd add more of the hot sauce. Play around til you get what you like.

Hope you enjoy this. As I said, you can make it in 5mins if you buy premade mixtures or you can take the time to make everything yourself.
    It's a different breakfast than normal but tastes delicious and looks impressive if you make everything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Happy Birthday:D

Great to see an idea for breakfast.
    Will definitely make the bloody Mary this weekend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Happy birthday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭RoseBlossom

Happy Birthday! :)

I always thought Bloody Marys had a raw egg in them - which completely put me off them! This recipe might be the start of something... ;)

Also love the idea of the breakfast burrito! (I'm imagining it kinda like a Mexicanised breakfast roll!)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Happy Birthday! :)

I always thought Bloody Marys had a raw egg in them - which completely put me off them! This recipe might be the start of something... ;)

Also love the idea of the breakfast burrito! (I'm imagining it kinda like a Mexicanised breakfast roll!)

You're probably thinking of a Red Eye, which is a Bloody Mary topped with beer and a raw egg. Not for me thank you!

Yeah the burrito is basically an Americanized Mexican breakfast. Hugely popular over here. They taste really good and it's different to what we'd normally have at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Your picture is broken, but it sounds delicious. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

It was there when I posted. Sorry, here's the attachment. Should work better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

if you look up Gordon Ramseys scrambled egg on youtube there is a great method.

Advertisement