Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding it very hard to find a pair of jeans that fit me

Options
  • 14-02-2013 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Hi all, male in his early 20's here and I've been having this problem for quite some time now - maybe 2 years or more.
    I have a size 32-34 waste, but my thighs are really fat, so any pair of jeans I buy at those size cling to my thighs and look and feel really uncomfortable.

I mostly try to buy my jeans in cheaper places, pennies, dunnes, tk-maxx, anywhere that doesnt cost a bomb. But I've been finding it pretty much impossible finding a pair. I check so often. If I get a larger waist size, it just looks stupid and doesnt fit me right, crotch tends to buldge out for some reason.

Can anybody recommend me somewhere I can get some nice looking jeans, for a reasonable price that fit decently! A few people I know complain about it being hard to get a decent pair of jeans in Ireland so I know its not just me.

will I have to resort to paying a bomb in places like Jack n Jones or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hi all, male in his early 20's here and I've been having this problem for quite some time now - maybe 2 years or more.
    I have a size 32-34 waste, but my thighs are really fat, so any pair of jeans I buy at those size cling to my thighs and look and feel really uncomfortable.

I mostly try to buy my jeans in cheaper places, pennies, dunnes, tk-maxx, anywhere that doesnt cost a bomb. But I've been finding it pretty much impossible finding a pair. I check so often. If I get a larger waist size, it just looks stupid and doesnt fit me right, crotch tends to buldge out for some reason.

Can anybody recommend me somewhere I can get some nice looking jeans, for a reasonable price that fit decently! A few people I know complain about it being hard to get a decent pair of jeans in Ireland so I know its not just me.

will I have to resort to paying a bomb in places like Jack n Jones or what?

You need to find a style that had 'relaxed' for through the thighs. As far as I know Levi's do a good one. You could buy online, would probably reduce cost. Problem is unless you are like a sample size, jeans are notoriously hard to find. You might have to splash out on a pair, but once you do you'll be laughing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If you are not willing to spend more than you are on the jeans, would you spend a tenner or so getting them fitted and adjusted by a tailor?

I've a small waist and big hips, so now I factor in about 12.50 to get them adjusted and have jeans that fit me when I buy a pair.

Also try looking for bootcut or relaxed fit jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

My best male friend would be kind of similar to you OP, he has a tiny waist (the prick! :D) and large enough thighs cos he likes running & working out- but whilst that seems great on one hand, he does find it hard to get jeans to fit. He generally buys his in Jack & Jones alright. Never saw him in Penneys/Dunnes. He also shops in River Island and often picks up good bargains in the sale so it'd be worth keeping an eye out there.

He generally end up buying a size too big on the waist and putting a belt on though, whatever the brand. I'd definitely look into the tailoring idea though- I know my friend often has to get his trousers/jeans turned up cos he's pretty short, so I'm sure a tailor would be worth investigating as regards the waist size too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,299 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I find Levi's relaxed fit are the best. My thighs are always a problem and I had shopping cause all the stuff in the shop these days are skinny or slim fit. I laugh when I see people think they good good on jeans that are designed to fit pre pubescent boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Well worth checking out the gap. They seem to have well trained staff & jeans of all shapes. Well I go to the London one when I'm there but I'm sure dundrums similar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement