Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Myson Power Extra

Options
  • 13-02-2013 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hello,,I wonder can someone tell what a myson power extra is....I have just moved home and there is one attached to the immersion...what does it do and is it expensive...I have noticed that I continously have extremely hot water eventhough I do not have immersion on....:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

A myson power extra is a motorised valve.Its function is to control a heating or hot water zone.There are thermostats connected to the valve and when the thermostat reads the selected temperature it closes the valve and doesn't let any more heat through it

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ballalley

Thanks Robbie.....but I am an idiot when it comes to DIY etc......basically is my electricity bill going to be higher because of this....I cant understand why the water is so hot, to be honest I do not need all this hot water as I am out all day and have electrical appliances including shower which I tend to use all the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Hope you don't mind me piggy backing on your post :) One of the myson power extra boxes in my house near the tank is making a humming / buzzing noise since this morning. Does anyone know is it easy to fix or does it need replacing and if so is it expensive?

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hope you don't mind me piggy backing on your post :) One of the myson power extra boxes in my house near the tank is making a humming / buzzing noise since this morning. Does anyone know is it easy to fix or does it need replacing and if so is it expensive?

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    It's the motor humming its on its way out.Its quite an easy change just remove the two fixing screws disconnect cable and refit.Cost of actuator is around €50-€60

ballalley wrote: »
    Thanks Robbie.....but I am an idiot when it comes to DIY etc......basically is my electricity bill going to be higher because of this....I cant understand why the water is so hot, to be honest I do not need all this hot water as I am out all day and have electrical appliances including shower which I tend to use all the time...

What's your heating setup Oil/Gas what type of timer analogue or digital 1or2 zone.
    Is your boiler running the whole time to heat the water.

• Advertisement

Hello.....I have oil heating with rads in all rooms....no it does not run continuously maybe two hours a day as I use my open fire most of the time and just turn on heating for an hour morning and evening....I also never use immersion, have not used one in years....

ballalley wrote: »
    Hello.....I have oil heating with rads in all rooms....no it does not run continuously maybe two hours a day as I use my open fire most of the time and just turn on heating for an hour morning and evening....I also never use immersion, have not used one in years....
    Is the light on the actuator lit is there a thermostat on the side of your cylinder and if so what temp is it set at should be no more than 60

Thanks...will check temp

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

@Robbie.G Thanks a million I had a feeling the noise meant it was on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sammles

hope you don't mind me piggybacking, but how much should it cost approx to replace one as I think mine is broke :( would need a plumber or electrician? no clue how to DIY it and my other half is brutal. No hot rads, loads of hot water and no led light lit on this valve

• Advertisement
Advertisement