Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle Range in Clare/Limerick

Options
  • 13-02-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

This just popped into my head today so I figured I would ask here. A few weeks back when I was getting the license sorted the FO mentioned that there is a new rifle range in the process of being setup in the area. Anyone heard of this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Be well intrested in hearing about one too in this area...
    There was supposedly one being set up Clare in Kilrush[?] or someplace awhile back,but havent heard anything about it since.:confused:
    Might want to re ask your FO for some more details...

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Ya I might be meeting him in a few weeks again ill see what he says. I thought if something was being built we might of seen a post on here about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Anything more ever come to light on this? Nearest range to me is 1hr each way which always put me off getting into the sport.

Still no word I'm afraid havent met my FO since. If I here anything ill update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Cool.

Ill subscribe to the thread so ill get any updates :P

• Advertisement

Well I might be buying a new rifle in the next while so ill be back in to see him then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭flutered

is there not some thing happening outside in glenbrohane, its near ballylanders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I Would love something more local to Limerick area to legally do some (very) casual target shooting with rifle as well as some clays with shotgun on a casual semi regular basis with no pressure to attend as a member X amount of times a year. Rifle Rifle Rifle would be nice. Plenty of places where you can turn up for a clay shoot with your own fire stick and shoot but absolutely feck all places where you can legally shoot at paper targets with a rifle that's all above board.

Currently I'm not active at all when it comes to shooting these days so have to weigh up my options when it comes to re-newing memberships to the range and when the licenses expire this year. As a non hunter my options are limited as I need to be a member of a Range rather than Club since I dont go killing furry things so I need to be member of a range/club rather than have land where I would have permissions to shoot alive things and I dont want to give up my guns, but I would like to be able to park the pastime/hobby/sport on hold for a while. (newborn baby and family to think of currently which takes priority over making holes in paper so shooting goes on hold for a while)

I don't shoot much these days and contemplating giving up completely or finding a way to put the sport/hobby on hold for an extended period of time without letting my licenses expire. A local Range would be a godsend if not too far away as it may let me shoot semi-regularly or if transport is easy being very local more regularly.

Keep us updated OP!
    ~B

Advertisement