Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple updates Macbook Air and Retina lineup

Options
  • 13-02-2013 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Apple has updated its Retina MacBook Pro lineup with new processors. The 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Pro Retina machines now have 2.6GHz and 2.7GHz processors respectively. It has dropped the price of the 13-inch models.

You can get a 13 inch Air for EUR1449. You can get a 13 inch with Retina and a 128GB SSD for EUR1549. That's pretty affordable.

See here: http://www.apple.com/ie/macbook-pro/ and here http://www.siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/31467-apple-updates-processors/

Personally, I think the Retina machine is a much better buy than the 13 inch Air.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Sickened....just bought the base spec 13 inch retina pro for 1799 in Harvey's a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Wouldn't it be possible to return?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

That's what I was thinking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Some nice price reductions. There's always pissing and moaning when Apple increase prices, so for the record:

- 13-inch MBP is down €50.
    - 15-inch MBP is down €100.
    - Low-end 13-inch rMBP is down €250!!
    - High-end 13-inch rMBP is down €380!!
    - Low-end 15-inch rMBP is down €100.
    - High-end 15-inch rMBP is down €130.

They've also reduced the prices of the MBA by €50-100.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Makes me glad I got my 13" retina for €1039 :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Makes me glad I got my 13" retina for €1039 :D

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

How?

Comet closing down sales in the UK pre-christmas. Ended up being a >£600 discount or something ridiculous

Lucky bastard!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Just ordered my MBP Retina 13" with the i7 2.9 intel for the tiny figure of 800€ :D

Was close to getting it last week. Luckily I held off. Before someone asks via Apple.ie with my discount

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

Just ordered my MBP Retina 13" with the i7 2.9 intel for the tiny figure of 800€ :D

Was close to getting it last week. Luckily I held off. Before someone asks via Apple.ie with my discount

Is that a student discount may I ask?

Im going to the states this summer and I was thinking of buying a Pro or an Air, they're cheaper over there and the euro is a good bit better than the dollar also.

But I'll be in college this September so I may hold off and get a student discount on one here for warranty and guarantee purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,285 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Tempting... (my old MacBook is getting on and has a swollen battery) I'd still be more inclined to go for a non-retina MBP though - aren't they rumoured to have an update on the way?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Possibly in the summer, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd imagine Apple will have ditched them entirely come this time next year.

Advertisement