Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating Partition

Options
  • 13-02-2013 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hey,

I have a new MPA 13" with 128GB SSD OSX Mountain Lion. I want to partition the hard drive so have opened up Disk Utility and tried to use the "drag to resize" which it does not allow me to do at all. The drag indicator does not appear. I tried pressing "+" which divides my current drive in two, but I cannot altered the size of either of these two partitions?

Any ideas or a good freeware software?

Thanks

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

You can't alter the partition size on the boot drive. If you need to do this before a re-install then you need to boot from the install media and run Disk Utility from there. At least that's how it works with Snow Leopard !

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BrianDug

Thanks Ken,

Was able to do what I wanted having reboot the computer with a USB installer.

B

Advertisement