Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whirlpool washer control unit removal

Options
  • 13-02-2013 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

can any one advise me how to remove this

machine is AWO10561-i think unit is faulty but i'm not sure how to remove it

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Hi mcebee, you have to remove the front panel and knob to gain access to the timer, there are a few lugs on the inside of the panel that you have to prise out of the way, uaually those timers didnt give much trouble, what kind of trouble is it giving, new to the site but not to w/m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

have a look at pics i think you've got wrong model
    -there's no knob

machine tripped mcb
    motor stalling
    smell of smoke from control unit i think
    motor seems ok to me

got the cams off with a drop of oil
    they were just tight

ok good you got it dismantled, rarely have i come accross these units being faulty , usually its down to the emptying pump having burned or the wash motor going to earth causing the timer problem so it needs checking

ya
    i'll doublecheck drain pump

wash motor didnt trip rcd so it's not going to earth

if i recall the last time i visited a local appliance repair shop for a part-he had bunch of these things in the bin

• Advertisement

damaged control unit
    i'm fairly confident wash motor is ok

i could prob repair it if i knew what components were needed

MCB I am fairly confident that blow was caused by another component being faulty,your cheapest way of attempted repair is a visit to the WEE section of your elec retailer and find one in a faulty wm,i am assuming you are a sparks with your username, meg out that motor or run it flat out on revs with a three core lead if it has issues it will show up fairly quick, likewise with pump and measure the heater element for down to earth as well, if you havent a megger i will tell you later how to run the motor

Advertisement