Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JobBridge Eligibility and Casual Work on JSA

Options
  • 13-02-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I'm doing a springboard course at the moment which will be finished in May and I'm also on Jobseekers Allowance. My goal is to get a job once I'm finished but with things the way they are it may not happen. I want to do a JobBridge internship once I'm finished to get some experience.

I've been offered some casual web design work which would be 1 day a week for 3 hours. I want to be still able to apply for a JobBridge internship so would this 1 day a week stop me from being eligible for an internship. The website says that you can have a part time job while doing an internship so am I right it saying that I will still be able to apply as I'll still be on JSA and only working one day a week?

Also I've been trying to calculate what my JSA will be with me working one day a week. By going by the calculation method on the welfare.ie site

Earnings for 1 day (€10 x 3 hours) = €30
    Earnings disregard for 1 days (€20 per day x 1 days) = €20
    Assessable income from employment (earnings €30 - disregard €20) = €10
    Income assessed at 60% (€10 @ 60%) = €6
    Weekly means = €6
    New rate of Jobseekers Allowance (€188 - €6 means) = €182

So my new JSA rate would be €182?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

The means figures are correct.

You can go on Jobbridge from a casual claim once you have claimed 78 fays in the previous 6 months.

Just be aware you won't be able to do the internship with the the company you are doing the Web design with.

Advertisement