Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start up business grants

Options
  • 13-02-2013 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I seem to remember some change in the system. Is it possible to get a grant to set up website and get materials but be able to stay on benefits until business takes off. Who to contact first to get ball rolling ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

hotballs wrote: »
    I seem to remember some change in the system. Is it possible to get a grant to set up website and get materials but be able to stay on benefits until business takes off. Who to contact first to get ball rolling ?

Would this be what your looking for?

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_and_work/back_to_work_enterprise_allowance.html

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

theres no grants for setting up a website as far as i know try enterprise ireland and you might get lucky i know someone who tried them but no luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Enterprise Ireland is for relatively big business plans. You need to aim to generate a lot of turnover and a good few jobs within a couple of years to satisfy their criteria. They also had their funding cut significantly after the economy went bad. If you are trying to set something up on a smaller scale you can investigate getting funding from your county council.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

try your local county enterprise board

Advertisement