Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toll Bridge Charges

Options
  • 13-02-2013 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hello,
    I have a blue disabled badge and I regularly use the east link toll, M50, Port Tunnel at toll at Drogheda.
    Am I excempt if I show my badge or are the rules slightly more detailed/strict?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Is your vehicle specially adapted? You need a special pass if so. http://www.nra.ie/GeneralTollingInformation/DisabledDriversandTolls/

• Company Representative Posts: 62 Verified rep eFlow: Reps

Hi Kim,

Vehicles officially registered with the Department of Transport as disabled are exempt from tolls on the M50. Check your vehicle registration document or send me your vehicle registration via private message and I'll check it for you : )

Regards,

John and the eFlow Team

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kim_possible

Hi John,
    thank you for the reply, my vechile is neither adapted nor registered as disabled (in Ireland). I am permenantly resident in Northern Ireland but use the tolls here when visiting friends. I have a blue disabled badge but this may not be enough to be exmpt from the toll charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Hi John

Is there one specific card available that covers all the tolls in the country? I too am a disabled driver.

Cheers

MM.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hi John

Is there one specific card available that covers all the tolls in the country? I too am a disabled driver.

Cheers

MM.

It was my understanding that all toll operators agreed to honour each others cards ....... but it would be nice to hear confirmation of this.

• Advertisement

It was my understanding that all toll operators agreed to honour each others cards ....... but it would be nice to hear confirmation of this.

So there is no specific universal card for Disabled Driver's?? The only card I have atm is my blue badge parking card.

I do know that I don't need any tag/card for crossing the M50, as I did this a while back, and when I saw the camera flashing, I got worried, so I contacted E-Flow(I think?), who told me that I didn't need a pass/tag, as my car is VRT/VAT exempt.

Hi All,

Regarding exempt vehicles from Northern Ireland, eFlow will honour exemptions for M50 tolls for disabled vehicles. Please find the relevant information here.

In relation to other tolls, please refer to National Roads Authority website:

http://www.nra.ie/GeneralTollingInformation/DisabledDriversandTolls/

Hope this information assists you, for any further queries please get back to me.

Standing by,

Colm

Hi All,

Regarding exempt vehicles from Northern Ireland, eFlow will honour exemptions for M50 tolls for disabled vehicles. Please find the relevant information here.

In relation to other tolls, please refer to National Roads Authority website:

http://www.nra.ie/GeneralTollingInformation/DisabledDriversandTolls/

Hope this information assists you, for any further queries please get back to me.

Standing by,

Colm

Thank you ......
    Disabled Drivers and Tolls

Specially adapted vehicles driven by disabled persons are exempt from tolls on each toll road in the state. Toll road operators currently issue special passes to facilitate such exempt passage. Passes issued by any one operator will be accepted by all other toll road operators.

That confirms it for me ;)

Hi Guys,

Hope my last post helped you with your queries, if any further help is needed don't hesitate to contact us here! :)

Regards

Colm & The eFlow Team

Thank you ......

That confirms it for me ;)

So, if I wanted a pass for, say, the M4, I can contact one of these for a pass, and that pass will suffice for other tolls around the country?

:confused:

EDIT: I just received an e-mail with a link to an application form to a special pass from a company called Eurolink, who operate the M4 motorway(Kinnegad to Kilcock). Will this pass suffice for the other toll roads, or will I have to get separate ones?

• Advertisement

So, if I wanted a pass for, say, the M4, I can contact one of these for a pass, and that pass will suffice for other tolls around the country?

:confused:

EDIT: I just received an e-mail with a link to an application form to a special pass from a company called Eurolink, who operate the M4 motorway(Kinnegad to Kilcock). Will this pass suffice for the other toll roads, or will I have to get separate ones?

It is very clear ..... from the link provided ...
    Passes issued by any one operator will be accepted by all other toll road operators.

It is very clear ..... from the link provided ...

Cheers. Must've missed it??? :o:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jimbo21

posting a question. my vehicle is vrt exempt and is adapted for my 6yr old disabled son i am his driver is my car entitled to a pass on the toll bridges

Advertisement