Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job seeker's allowance

Options
  • 12-02-2013 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I applied for JA at the start of november. I finished school in june,its a long story,i was waiting to start a job...i havent worked since june. My question is: will i get backdated payment to june or november when i started my application? I told them in the application form that i havent worked since june.thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

fcb wrote: »
    I applied for JA at the start of november. I finished school in june,its a long story,i was waiting to start a job...i havent worked since june. My question is: will i get backdated payment to june or november when i started my application? I told them in the application form that i havent worked since june.thanks

You get paid from when you apply only and not a day sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

You can request for your claim to be backed. You must state the reason why you didn't sign on earlier and confirm that you were available, fit and actively looking for work during that period. You would need a letter confirming last date of attendance in school. If it was leaving cert you have to wait 3 months from that date to claim, this would be approx 17th September.

Advertisement