Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Problem, Help Please

Options
  • 12-02-2013 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

Right so I had my laptop to my Tv via a HDMI cable, when I got the 'great' idea to zoom in the screen for easier viewing, I went to the contrl panel then display and then used the magnifier there to enlarge the screen to 200% scrolled arund for a bit, then all of a sudden the screen froze. I disconnected from the laptop and hooked it up to a playstation 3, and everything works fine, so the HDMI cable and the TV are fine. The problem must be with the laptop.

Everytime I plug the HDMI into the laptop, I just get a still image of the the desktop background (with no icon, no curser either).

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like its in extended desktop mode(instead of mirroring the panels operate separately).

Hold down the windows key(beside ctrl) and hit p, you will get an overlay with 4 options, set it to "duplicate" to get them to show the same thing or "projector only" to just run the tv(laptop screen off).

Advertisement