Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timbaland back in form?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I still think his collaborations with Missy Elliott is the best stuff he ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

+1 on missy and in fairness even though Justin timberland was pop his work with him was still impressive IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

That party anthem shít is one of the worst songs I've ever heard and the justin timberlake one isn't hip hop. He's still shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Missy is planning to release a new album

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Thoughts?

beatwise that is

two very different beats. well 3 really lol

i think his coming back!

eh? he never went anywhere. Love the production for the Mirrors track, how it gets stripped down and put together piece by piece for the last 3 or 4 minutes is excellent.

The other one strays from his normal formula, the first time I heard it, i didnt like it, but its after growing on me after a few listens.
    I still think his collaborations with Missy Elliott is the best stuff he ever did.

His albums with Magoo are not to be overlooked as well. And his production for JT has been amazing.
    P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    He's still shít.

:eek: Shocked by this. Timmy is an outstanding producer.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    eh? he never went anywhere. Love the production for the Mirrors track, how it gets stripped down and put together piece by piece for the last 3 or 4 minutes is excellent.

The other one strays from his normal formula, the first time I heard it, i didnt like it, but its after growing on me after a few listens.

His albums with Magoo are not to be overlooked as well. And his production for JT has been amazing.

:eek: Shocked by this. Timmy is an outstanding producer.
    Finally someone with taste here!

I only said "his back" because many people hate Timbaland as if he is the worse ever producer of music.

imo he is my favourite producer of all time. ahead of Primo and Dre IMO.

Timbo for me is better because he is far more versatile then Primo and Dre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

imo he is my favourite producer of all time. ahead of Primo and Dre IMO.

Timbo for me is better because he is far more versatile then Primo and Dre.

Yeahhhhhhh.......

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I wouldn't go as far as saying being better than Dre or Premo. But he has produced many a banger, he also has a unique stamp on his beats where you know they are a Timbo beat. Comparable to the new breed of producers with their generic sound and who loose their identity by tailoring their beats to the rapper on them.
    One of the things that makes a great producer is knowing it's their beat without the need to look up credits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I always thought his production for Aaliyah was very good too. The beats really compliment her voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Speaking of Timbo's work with other artists, his production for Bubba Sparxxx was always on point;

Outside of J Dilla and The Neptunes at their peak, I struggle to think of another hip hop producer with better drum programming than Timbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

good owl bubba! there's a flashback. I wonder what ever happened to him because he could rap his ass off in fairness..

I remember tim and dre signed an artist by the name of hayes a few years ago, i think he was scrapped but he's now with the money team and was featured on 50s last 2 mixtapes before the split with floyd... i think he's actually floyd's artist now but i could be wrong.

Timbaland has recently bought shares in 50s sms audio too so expect him to start influencing the headphones a lot more aswell with his own line etc.

video is up.

Such a well done video. first video that made me google to find more info about its meaning, its metaphores and style.

JT is back and timbo once again shows he is one of the greatest producers of all time.

go listen to 20/20 experience. it is a masterpiece. all produced by timbo.

Could you really see the likes of Premo, Dre,just blaze etc making music like this?

Timbo has shown once again how versatile he is as a producer and a visionary.

Someone that can make hip hop hits like "big pimpin" to making "Mirrors".

I cannot understand why many users here are not a fan of timbo. each to there own but go and check out 20/20.

Advertisement