Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Virus Removal in English!!

Options
  • 12-02-2013 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I saw from previous threads that a lot of you guys got the garda virus. Every fifth or sixth try my computer opens up normally so that is how I am now connected to the internet. I am literally crap with computers and have a work computer so I can't download anything without a password from the IT guy who is away on holidays for three weeks. Have an important exam in a couple of weeks and all my study stuff is on this comp so I really need to get it fixed . . .

So this is what I did. I have windows 7 by the way. I started up the comp pressed f2 and entered safe mode. I then had no idea what to do so I turned off the comp and started it up again in normal mode.

I have this security programme called symantec so I am currently running a full scan on the system which isn't really turning up anything...

In symantec there is a thing called quarantine. According to that my sytem has been infected with a trojan malscript which I can only assume is the virus.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me hand with this. I've read previous threads but they literally look like gobbledegook to me.

Comments

Advertisement