Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big 4 summer internships interviews

Options
  • 12-02-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi - I think most of the Big 4 summer internship programmes seem to closing for applications this week. Any idea on when the interviews are going to be held for these? I presume they will happen fairly quickly, but hoping they are not all on the same days. Anyone heard anything yet if you sent in a completed application?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jim.con666

Shellwall wrote: »
    Hi - I think most of the Big 4 summer internship programmes seem to closing for applications this week. Any idea on when the interviews are going to be held for these? I presume they will happen fairly quickly, but hoping they are not all on the same days. Anyone heard anything yet if you sent in a completed application?

PwC are interviewing next week. I think the dates are the 20th,21st and 22nd. Somewhere close to that.
    I think the latest interviews are around mid-March. So between next week and mid-March and all the interviews will have taking place. Best of luck with the application and the interviews!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 zhan

I got interview from KPMG and EY on the same day !!! It is next tuesday, 9am for EY, 4:30pm for KPMG. I only got the email from them yesterday!!! Don't have enough time to prepare :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jennifervn

Hi

I'm a second year international student in Accounting n Finance. I really want to apply for the summer internship in big 4 next year. Can you please share some of your experience in getting an internship in one of these big 4. Something likes college's records, volunteers,...Everything on internet is very common. Can anybody share their real experience here?

Many thanks

Jennifervn wrote: »
    Hi

I'm a second year international student in Accounting n Finance. I really want to apply for the summer internship in big 4 next year. Can you please share some of your experience in getting an internship in one of these big 4. Something likes college's records, volunteers,...Everything on internet is very common. Can anybody share their real experience here?

Many thanks

I think the most important is to highlight the skills they want, such as team works skill, organizing and planning, communication skills.Another important is your scores in college. If you have high grads in any area point out those subjects,especially in accounting,stats and fianance. My personal opinion is that good grades is vital to get an interview. hope it helps.

Is there any body can give any tips for interview in EY and KPMG?

Thanks zhan
    Can you go more detailed examples in each skill you've got? Your grades in college...My grades related to accounting (Financial Reporting n Management Accounting) are only around 60%. But I did some summer internships with very small offices in Dublin and had organize some volunteer events with my friends in UCD. To be honest, I'm really afraid of my grades? Do they must be over 70% or something likes that? Can I only apply with my high grades and ignore the other subjects?

• Advertisement

Jennifervn wrote: »
    Thanks zhan
    Can you go more detailed examples in each skill you've got? Your grades in college...My grades related to accounting (Financial Reporting n Management Accounting) are only around 60%. But I did some summer internships with very small offices in Dublin and had organize some volunteer events with my friends in UCD. To be honest, I'm really afraid of my grades? Do they must be over 70% or something likes that? Can I only apply with my high grades and ignore the other subjects?

I got 1:1 overall in my first year , I am second year at the moment. My accounting was 80% maths was over 80%. I illustrated my teamwork skills and other skills using examples such as my voluntary work, my group projects ( point out your achievement), organized society events. Just highlight what did you contribute to any of those projects or events.
    Grades is important but I think if you can give out good examples to illustrate your abilities you still will be considered.

These all just what my understanding and thoughts.

zhan wrote: »
    I got 1:1 overall in my first year , I am second year at the moment. My accounting was 80% maths was over 80%. I illustrated my teamwork skills and other skills using examples such as my voluntary work, my group projects ( point out your achievement), organized society events. Just highlight what did you contribute to any of those projects or events.
    Grades is important but I think if you can give out good examples to illustrate your abilities you still will be considered.

These all just what my understanding and thoughts.

BTW, I have friends only got 2:1 still got trainee job from Big 4.

zhan wrote: »
    BTW, I have friends only got 2:1 still got trainee job from Big 4.

All the big 4 summer internships are now closed. Applying for that in the last year may be too late but I still want to have more preparation. Thanks so much for your respond. Best of lucks with your interviews.:)

Advertisement