Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question for a Friend about Pension Contribution with the IDF

Options
  • 12-02-2013 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

He was in the army for four years, obviously making contributions toward his pension. He left last year (not retired) and has been told by another man who left shortly after that he was able to claim all of his contributions back?

Is this true, and if so, how would he go about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    He was in the army for four years, obviously making contributions toward his pension. He left last year (not retired) and has been told by another man who left shortly after that he was able to claim all of his contributions back?

Is this true, and if so, how would he go about it?

Probably a slight mix up there. If he left as a single, childless man, then he should have been able to claim back any contributions to the Widows & Orphans pension, AFAIR the occupational pension payments can be carried to another scheme on taking up further employment, though I stand to be corrected on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

SIRREX wrote: »
    Probably a slight mix up there. If he left as a single, childless man, then he should have been able to claim back any contributions to the Widows & Orphans pension, AFAIR the occupational pension payments can be carried to another scheme on taking up further employment, though I stand to be corrected on that!

I don't know the craic about army pensions, I'll ask him when I see him next if that was the pension he was referring do :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

The "Pension" on the payslip is the widows & orphans fund. He should have been able to claim it back on discharge. Tell him to ring Soldiers Pay Section in Renmore, Galway.

Tell him to give his details and see what the craic is.

Dept of Defence Soldiers Pay (091)743755

Advertisement