Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso compatible pods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Not a massive discount on the actual real Nespresso capsules themselves...

Bought a few boxes in BT's yesterday so fresh in the mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I make my own with a bit of glue and a roll of tin foil (and used capsules). Fool proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 oreillykm

I tried CafeTutto ones from Amazon recently, really nice. Tried the CafePod ones from Amazon too recently, but they are sealed with plastic (whereas Nespresso and CafeTutto are foil). Foil is the way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidannulty

I got Nespresso compatible pods here at xmas http://www.allaboutpods.ie/ based in Clontarf so if you are near you can collect. The Cafe Impresso are priced at €3.50 for 10 pods, they fit my machine good.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I get the Temple Bar Espresso Beans from that crowd.. under €30 for 4 x 1KG bags delivered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭milltown

aidannulty wrote: »
    I got Nespresso compatible pods here at xmas http://www.allaboutpods.ie/ based in Clontarf so if you are near you can collect. The Cafe Impresso are priced at €3.50 for 10 pods, they fit my machine good.

How much are the genuine article?

I was thinking of a Nespresso unit to replace my Lavazzo machine when it dies because the Lavazzo pods aren't available anywhere other than Brown Thomas as far as I can tell. I would have thought, with wider availability and a larger installed base, the Nespresso pods would be a lot cheaper. BTs are charging €6 for 16 pods and anywhere online seems to be more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

milltown wrote: »
    How much are the genuine article?

I was thinking of a Nespresso unit to replace my Lavazzo machine when it dies because the Lavazzo pods aren't available anywhere other than Brown Thomas as far as I can tell. I would have thought, with wider availability and a larger installed base, the Nespresso pods would be a lot cheaper. BTs are charging €6 for 16 pods and anywhere online seems to be more expensive.

From nespresso.com/bt's the pods are between 36c and 41c each and come in packs of 10 in bt's.

The availability is somewhat limited too - BT's, nespresso.com or using subs from other sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

aidannulty wrote: »

€3.60 for the genuine ones in BT

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Nespresso also have a recycling scheme where you receive a bag to put your used pods into. You then bring it back into the shop (or return it) when it's full. So for me, that's a reason to stick with their foil pods.

Advertisement