Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Grab SW for Mac

Options
  • 12-02-2013 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Done a quick little search and couldn't find any recent posts on this. (Plus I'm still at work and haven't the time to do 'proper research')

I'm looking for video grabbing software to capture online videos (for use in school) preferably free, as the budget is long since gone!

Will be using primarily on intel Macs running Snow Lep. But would like if we could also get same for older PPC G4 Mac Minis.

The usual Google searches throw up a lot of results, most of which are complete cr4p. Does anyone on the forum have hands on experience of an app. that actually works.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

This has worked for me in the past .

Should work on any Mac, you my have a problem with the version of Flash Player on the G4s being too old though.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

Quicktime? Open it, go to 'File' -> New Screen Recording

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Screeny on the MAS is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

ZENER wrote: »
    This has worked for me in the past .

Should work on any Mac, you my have a problem with the version of Flash Player on the G4s being too old though.

Ken

I used to use this 'activity window' trick myself. But it doesn't seem to work anymore. Not sure if it's something YouTube have done, more likely something Apple have done in a Safari update.

Many thanks for all the responses so far!

Advertisement