Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoover Repair

Options
  • 12-02-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Hi All,

Wondering could anyone help me. I have a new hoover, think it has been used 4 times and the suction seems to be gone already (think there might be something caught). Have tried to take pieces apart myself and clean but to no avail.

Can anyone recommend a hoover repair shop as i know in this day and age they are cheap enough but because it is new wouldn’t mind getting it fixed.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

What make hoover is it, maybe the filter needs cleaning. Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Tried cleaning the filter already (but maybe not enough) based in south dublin area. Hoover is a phillips.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

rafatoni, run the cleaner with the hose taken off, if you have bad suction the problem is within the vac which if new must be down to clogged up filters, if the suction is good the hose is blocked, drop something like a nail into hose and where it stops on the drop that is where the blockage is, usually near the brush end. a wire clothes hanger with a hook bent on the end will usually fish it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

There is a hoover repair shop in Harold Cross, just across the road from that massive church on the road towards Terenure. I got a hoover repaired there before but it was quite dear, about e60 I think. Could be better to try your luck with the retailer if it's new-ish to get them to repair or replace. Nothing more frustrating than a rubbish hoover!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,372 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There's also a 'hoover hospital' in Monkstown, it's roughly across the street from the catholic church, yellow shopfront....

http://goo.gl/maps/MfsSI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

[pedant] Shouldn't the thread title be Philips Vacuum Cleaner Repair rather than Hoover Repair then ? [/pedant]

Advertisement