Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration' - Win 8

Options
  • 12-02-2013 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭

Upgraded to Win 8 Pro last week and have been happy with the transition. Today I'm only seeing limited internet connectivity and running the troubleshooter flags 'Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'.

My Win 7 netbook is connecting without issue & a quick Google shows I'm not alone in experiencing this - wonder if any on Boardsies have experienced same and found a fix?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm guessing you're getting a self assigned IP address - 169.254.xxx.xxx - if you check via ipconfig.

If you haven't already, try rebooting the router and assigning a permanent IP address in the router's DCHP configuration for your Win 8 machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Thanks Fysh. My ipconfig screen would disappear in a millisecond, so not sure what IP address was being assigned.

I connected via Ethernet, then disconnected & the Wifi iissue appears to have corrected itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Yamanoto wrote: »
    My ipconfig screen would disappear in a millisecond, so not sure what IP address was being assigned.

Open a command prompt and run ipconfig from there.

Advertisement