Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRAC units and ups systems

Options
  • 12-02-2013 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hows it going lads?

I have an interview for a data center post. I've done a fair bit of reading and brushing up on CRAC units and ups systems.

I'm just wondering is there anyone on here with practical experience installing and maintaining the above that might be able to offer any advice or their own experiences working with them.

Its an area that I never got to cover practically during my apprenticeship but I've always had an interest in learning about and working with them so anything at all would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gazelec

Data Centres can be very complex and fairly hard to get your foot in the door unless you have previous experience with them, main topics you will need to have covered would be CRAC units, CRAH units, knowledge of which cooling methods they have either DX units or chilled water units which will in turn need chillers. On the electrical side of things you will need lots of experience with UPS systems and generators with the understanding of how the LV and MV switching arrangement's would be dealt with. Also a very good understanding of BMS would be needed and also fire alarm systems whether they would use sprinklers or gas suppression systems which would be more common within data centres. Best of luck with the interview and let us know how you get on. PS: make sure you dont have any criminal records, data centres are very sensitive and you will be vetted.

Advertisement