Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for cheapish, decent printer

Options
  • 12-02-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've decided it's time to buy a printer for printing photos, mainly for around the house, 4" by 6", 5" by 7" and 10" by 12" (the very odd one).

I'm not a pixel picker so just want a cheapish one that'll 'do the job'. Easy set up, wireless/wi-fi, cheap printing costs and seperate colour cartridges and what I'd be looking out for ideally.
    Wireless isn't a deal breaker but it'd be handy I guess.

I've seen this bargain alerts thread and Argos have a Canon MX435for €65.

Cheers in advance,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I'm using a HP Deskjet 1050A and I've gotten fantastic prints out of it - amazing quality, wasn't too expensive either. Doesn't have wirless. But it photocopies too!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

Just be aware that the rule of thumb seems to be the cheaper the printer the more expensive the ink!

I bought a 50euro printer in argos before and found out that the cartridges were more expensive then the actual printer.

Now i have a membership with cartridge green, I pay 10euro a month and get unlimited printing, I post the empty cartridges to them and they post them back within 24 hours full. If your planning on printing a lot it seems like a good deal to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

its a good deal if you are not worried about fading or colour consistency

• Registered Users Posts: 11 call_mea_matt

I would go for Epson- one of the older sx235 or sx435. Both wireless. The best thing about those two (apart they are really cheap) is that you can fit them with CISS. Four bottles of 250ml ink cost around €10. It gives you one litre of ink! CISS itself is €10 as well on Amazon or eBay. You can of course change colour profiles in printer settings and that gives you good control on your pictures. I am using sx235 already bought CISS and I just waiting until original cartridges will be empty. Only one minus that I noticed is that there's no possibility to use negative frame to scan them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I would go for Epson- one of the older sx235 or sx435. Both wireless. The best thing about those two (apart they are really cheap) is that you can fit them with CISS. Four bottles of 250ml ink cost around €10. It gives you one litre of ink! CISS itself is €10 as well on Amazon or eBay. You can of course change colour profiles in printer settings and that gives you good control on your pictures. I am using sx235 already bought CISS and I just waiting until original cartridges will be empty. Only one minus that I noticed is that there's no possibility to use negative frame to scan them.

cheers for this.
    Someone just told me their friend is moving and getting rid of her printer....which happens to be an Epson sx235.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 call_mea_matt

dinneenp wrote: »
    cheers for this.
    No problem:)
    dinneenp wrote: »
    Someone just told me their friend is moving and getting rid of her printer....which happens to be an Epson sx235.
    Oh, lucky you...:D

Advertisement