Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Town Planning: To find the date a building was built in 19th early 20th centuries?

Options
  • 12-02-2013 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Where does one go to find out when a building was built I am trying to do a bit of clarification on a housing estate that was built in 1892. Also when a school was built in the 20th century.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

1 Various editions of OS maps = earliest editions 1838.

2, In some areas earlier maps by other mappers

3. Valuations started in 1852 - every building measured and valued

4. For National Schools, Dept of Education have records for each National School

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭upncmnhistori

nuac wrote: »
    1 Various editions of OS maps = earliest editions 1838.

2, In some areas earlier maps by other mappers

3. Valuations started in 1852 - every building measured and valued

4. For National Schools, Dept of Education have records for each National School

Thank you. It is the year I am looking for. I will look in my local county library during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Libraries probably have back issues of Thoms Street Directory for Dublin at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭upncmnhistori

ardmacha wrote: »
    Libraries probably have back issues of Thoms Street Directory for Dublin at least.

Galway County is what I am looking for but thanks for the info.

Advertisement