Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Isks, Frigs and Fun!

Options
  • 12-02-2013 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hello Fellow Eve'rs!

What is better then a bit of Isk, Flying Frigates into Combat and coming out ontop (well more then likely not) but sure no harm!
    Recently opened up My Own corp started doing War decs with a few friends and it got a bit crazy so now myself (Skyflyer) and a Friend (Ryanaldo24) are taking a step back and going to do missions for a week and hit the Faction Warfare Hubs in Frigates for fun!
    If You guys are ever interested in flying along or joining just give us a shout!

Just a tale to tell from Yesterday nights fun:

Myself and Mr Ryanaldo24 were roaming the low sec, we went from Tama all the way to Iges and back to Evati.....we found absolutely NOTHING! Disgraceful I know :rolleyes: , but then we jumped into Angatalie and there is was!

The beautiful Machariel - a ship with so much intense power that it would easily own anyone who did not know what they were doing!
    We decided to ignore it and warped to the Outgate, but then it struck us..what if he is ratting and a carebear being totally careless?
    Remembering that we were in 2 Hookbills fitted with small Rockets, so even if we caught it, it would take years to take down.

We decided to go for it, so we reloaded our rockets and made our way to the belts...after a few I landed in a belt and there is was RATTING!
    Instantly hit my Afterburner and started orbitting at 500m and engaged: scram on, web on.
    Blood rushing through us and fingers shaking with excitement...but then he releases Warrior II's, started to scramble and web me....and anyone who knows PvP, Warrior II's HURT a lot to our little Hookbills.....we had to take them out so we switched off our rockets and webs and Targetted the Drones...10 Minutes later.....All the Drones down and the Machariel unable to hit us.

We were slowly taking him down 80% armor...75% armor...60% armor.... when it hit 50% armor local went up by 2! Instantly our alarm clocks sounded and we checked the 2 new characters in Local, turned out he had friends near by to save him!
    A quick scan on our system scanner revealed a Thorax and Talos - we talk on comms (TS3) what to do and decided depending on what happens when those 2 Gallente PvP ships land , if we would bail or fight for our honour!

Then the Talos ended and it was 100kms off! We knew then it was a sniping Talos and decided to Ignore it as it was not able to hit us orbitting the Machariel with our Afterburners running, but then....
    The Thorax lands right ontop of us so we decide to burn as it would surely be fitted with webs and small guns/drones.

So not to get instant by the Talos or Machariel i decided to start orbitting manual slowly out of range, it was getting intense as I was struck and went straight down to 50% shield..but somehow a miracle occured and both points dropped and I was free to go!
    Blood running through my arms, finger shaking...I made it - such engagement, such excitement and now I made it out alive.

Sadly my friend Ryan he did not make it as the drones and webs were just too much for his Hookbill....May his Hookbill Rest in Peace.

Now depending if you enjoyed it or not - you are more then welcome to join us on our next Adventure!

Sorry about the long post, I get carried away!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

fly free and shine bright Ryan - gone but not forgotten

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Sounds like you had fun.

Advertisement