Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Advice Needed - P4 vs P6

Options
  • 12-02-2013 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

Need to register this week for my last 2 professional level papers so any advice on the following would be brilliant...

P4 or P6? (Not working in tax but like the subject)

Best lecturers P4/P6?

Good P1 lecturers?

Online recorded lectures vs attending lectures?

Cheers guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Har0ld x9

Hi,

I can only really comment with regards P4 as I avoided P6 due to being exempt from F6 & not having looked at tax for a number of years, but I also "liked" the subject & was tempted to give it a go. I have always got on better on computation exams than I do with theory based exams.

Anyway for P4, I studied with Liam Doran in Independent Colleges, passed first time but good chunks of the syllabus I was able to relate back to my day job which made it easier to understand. If you do decide to go with P4 then I would definitely recommend Liam to you.

A friend of mine liked tax & I know he studied with Griffith, also passed first time but did say it is very tough.. apart from that I have nothing to offer on P6.

I studied P1 with Cormac Kavanagh in DBS and passed comfortably, I didn't mind his lectures but I know some people don't like his lecture style.

Hope this helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Horne84

Snap with "being better at computational exams".. im rubbish at waffley theory-based exams, hence P7 is out of the running!

Ive heard great things about Liam Doran alright! So im down to a decision between P4 with Liam Doran or P6 with Eamon Staunton.. hmmm!

Thanks for ur response Har0ld!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JM_2009

I also didn't mind Tax so did P6 - got 50% on the mark. Mind you I did it with P7 and P1 and had no book for it so spent the least amount of time studying for it.

I think it's good to do if you want to work in practice

Advertisement