Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbey Road online mastering

Options
  • 12-02-2013 2:46am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone used Abbey Road online mastering?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

I know some who have used. I think they let the young engineers in at night to master it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭fitz

While I'm sure that happens, the last time I was over there attending a session with Geoff Pesche (great btw), he was about to do an online mastering job that had come in. He's certainly not a younger guy learning the craft.

From what I gathered, it's just a case of whoever's free does the work.
    I can't imagine anyone in there is a slouch, but it's good to be able to pick the people who work on your music, particularly at the mastering stage, after you've put all the time and effort in to the tracking/mixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Am not saying anyone is a slouch or trying to belittle anyone. Everyone I have heard is a fantastic job.

This is all am saying.

but it's good to be able to pick the people who work on your music, particularly at the mastering stage, after you've put all the time and effort in to the tracking/mixing.

Advertisement