Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rollies taste like burning paper?

Options
  • 11-02-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

I recently moved from regular cigarettes to rolling tobacco. But I always get the taste of burning paper in my mouth rather than the tobacco itself. I dont think I roll them too loose but maybe I need to go tighter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

Try changing the papers you are using or maybe consider using a filter

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

dpofloinn wrote: »
    Try changing the papers you are using or maybe consider using a filter

Im already using a filter but ill give changing papers a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

A rollie won't taste like a factory made ciggy and vice versa. The sooner you accept that the sooner you'll start to appricate rolling tobacco for what it is, a blendable, customisable personalised smoke.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    A rollie won't taste like a factory made ciggy and vice versa. The sooner you accept that the sooner you'll start to appricate rolling tobacco for what it is, a blendable, customisable personalised smoke.

I wasnt expecting it to taste the same but surely its not meant to only taste of burning paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Yep, you are right. My post (on readback) does seem a bit preachy and thats not the way I intended it. :o
    A lighter paper, Rizla blue or silver were my prefered choice as the greens and reds were just too heavy/pungent but what I wanted to put across is that rollies and tailormades are never going to taste the same and that getting used to the taste of the paper is a part of getting used to rollies.
    Some ways of disguising the paper taste are to use a stronger flavour tobacco, a lighter paper or a flavoured paper.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

OldGoat wrote: »
    Yep, you are right. My post (on readback) does seem a bit preachy and thats not the way I intended it. :o
    A lighter paper, Rizla blue or silver were my prefered choice as the greens and reds were just too heavy/pungent but what I wanted to put across is that rollies and tailormades are never going to taste the same and that getting used to the taste of the paper is a part of getting used to rollies.
    Some ways of disguising the paper taste are to use a stronger flavour tobacco, a lighter paper or a flavoured paper.

No problem haha :D I was using Rizla greens but tried blue and I have to say it tasted much better. Cheers

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭denver62002

james142 wrote: »
    No problem haha :D I was using Rizla greens but tried blue and I have to say it tasted much better. Cheers

The lighter papers the better.

If the paper is more thicker the sulphur content is more. That's what gives you the taste of paper. It you smoke the blues or silver, you can taste the tobacco better.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

use thinner papers or try just putting a bit more in or try flavored skins

Advertisement