Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB Radio No signal

Options
  • 11-02-2013 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, wasn't sure where to put it. I bought a new DAB radio today but it is not picking up any stations. Any ideas what to try or is it broken? I have tried the auto and manual scans. I like in Co.Wicklow if that makes any difference.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Not sure on the coverage in the Wicklow. Sounds obvious, but have you tried extending the aerial much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I bought one in Wexford and seemingly there is no signal down here for it yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Wrap the bare end of a 12 foot wire around the antenna and stick it out the window and see if you get any signal. from what i heard, wicklow is a bad spot for dab radio.

Try it anyway just to see if a signal comes in. Or another way is to connect a bare bit of wire to the fm box connection of your tv antenna that will do it i'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭decies

Don't even dream of buying a DAB radio at the moment unless it also has Internet radio. To say its a niche market out there with pathetic coverage and choice is the understatement of the year. People are still under the impression that it carries loads of channels and its coverage is almost nationwide . Fails on both counts .http://www.rte.ie/digitalradio/faq_map.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

decies wrote: »
    Don't even dream of buying a DAB radio at the moment unless it also has Internet radio. To say its a niche market out there with pathetic coverage and choice is the understatement of the year. People are still under the impression that it carries loads of channels and its coverage is almost nationwide . Fails on both counts .http://www.rte.ie/digitalradio/faq_map.html

Yes, i agree. Go for an internet radio as the dab is no good and never will be.

I bought one of these a few years ago as it was a three in one...fm/dab & internet wifi radio and the sound from it was spectacular. Argus used to sell them for €60 http://www.pocket-lint.com/news-gallery/16629/binatone-tranciva-ir804-dabinternet-radio/2#image

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I bought mine for the internet option but I have to say that the DAB signal in my part of Dublin (D6) is way better than FM, so I always listen to RTE 1 on DAB.

Advertisement