Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nilfisk "Family" Hoover

Options
  • 11-02-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

So I have been asked to enquire about this POS hoover we have in work. The filter has to be cleaned every so often due to lack of suction but after less than a minute, it's back to normal lack of suction again.

We don't use a bag in it as it's supposed to work just as well without a bag but I don't see that to be the case.

Anyone know where to buy new filters for these?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

They are NOT bagless vacuum cleaners and must be used with bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Thanks byte! I will go to a few shops tomorrow and try to find the bags.

byte

Yeah, the Nilfisk Family was quite common so bags shouldn't be a problem. Originals also come with filters IIRC.

The same bags fit the Nilfisk Business, which didn't look that different to the Family.

It's a surprise the motor isn't borked on the cleaner after all that dust!

It seems to be working well but I'm no hoover expert :P

There should be a slot for the hard cardboard part of the bag to slot into just at the hose outlet yeah? I don't ever recall seeing that or even a place for the bag to sit.

byte

Should be a slot alright.

Here's the manual:
    http://webparts.nilfisk-advance.com/pdf/Family%20Business%20EU.pdf

• Advertisement

Legend! I'll check out our one tomorrow to see how like that manual it is :)

Hi byte, so I bought the bags today, cleaned out the hoover properly inside and out and did a big job on the diaphragm/cloth bag thing. Then I put in a bag and it's unmerciful now! It's actually lifting up the carpet, let alone the dirt.

Thanks a mill :)

byte

Hi byte, so I bought the bags today, cleaned out the hoover properly inside and out and did a big job on the diaphragm/cloth bag thing. Then I put in a bag and it's unmerciful now! It's actually lifting up the carpet, let alone the dirt.

Thanks a mill :)
    Happy to help! Glad it worked out for you

Advertisement