Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Slotted brake discs in Ireland

Options
  • 11-02-2013 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Well lads, I made a thread a while ago about cross drilled discs and was advised to to get them, anyway i've decided it stick to slotted for my golf. These are the best priced ones i could find http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=410288

€150 is all only trouble is it's another €50 to get them shipped from the UK, which still isn't bad when you compare em to the Brembo ones but it's still a waste of 50 quid. Does any one know of anywhere in Ireland to get em or somewhere with cheaper shipping costs????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Slotted discs seem abit OTT for a tdi golf imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Money would be better spent upgrading to 312mm discs as used on the Audi s3/tt/anniversary golf gti. Bigger discs would be a better upgrade than slotted standard ones.

If you have the correct hubs all you need is the discs and caliper carriers. The caliper and brake pads are the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

+1 That's a very good quality cost-effective brake upgrade and they'll fit behind standard 16 or 17 inch VAG wheels; other choices may require a step up to a bigger wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Clutchkick

Slotted discs seem abit OTT for a tdi golf imo
    They come with em as standard on the Mk4 GTI & GT TDI (which mine is).
    Neilw wrote: »
    Money would be better spent upgrading to 312mm discs as used on the Audi s3/tt/anniversary golf gti. Bigger discs would be a better upgrade than slotted standard ones.

If you have the correct hubs all you need is the discs and caliper carriers. The caliper and brake pads are the same.

Nah, It's a visual thing i'm lookn for not so much performance. But just out of curiosity, how would i know if i have the right hub and where could i get the caliper carriers??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Local motor factors should be able to order ebc slotted without a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Clutchkick wrote: »
    They come with em as standard on the Mk4 GTI & GT TDI (which mine is).
    Two bits of bad news for you.
    1. There is no such thing as a GT TDI mk4 golf. There was a GTI TDI which was usually the anniversary model but some 150bhp TDI'S alos had this on the build sticker.
    2. Slotted disks dont come as standard on either a GTI or a Tdi
    Clutchkick wrote: »
    Nah, It's a visual thing i'm lookn for not so much performance. But just out of curiosity, how would i know if i have the right hub and where could i get the caliper carriers??
    Bigger standard disks will look a lot better than smaller groved and drilled disks. I'm betting you have big alloys, 18s or 19s?? bigger disks will fill these out nicely plus you get extra stopping power.

This is a pic of my old Mk1 Seat Leon with 312s behind 17s
    DSC_0011.jpg

312s carriers bolt directly on the pd 130 and 150 TDIs Possiably on some 115 TDI's but I'm not 100% sure.
    Carriers can be got in a dealers but your best bet is a breakers yard.
    They came as standard on the
    mk1 Audi TT and S3,
    VW Golf, anni, 170 bhp V5 and 2.8 v6 and some later GTi
    Seat leon Cupra and Tolledo V5
    Skoda Octavia vrs mk1

Advertisement