Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA study time

Options
  • 11-02-2013 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am just starting ACCA with F7 and F8, how much study would I need to do for these in addition to going to lectures?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Marsbar82

If you dont come from a back ground working wise in either subject then you should start studying right away to keep up with course work.

Many ppl can fall down doing audit as its more a way of thinking then learning stuff of. Hopfully you are not the latter and you will coast this one - exam technique is very important which your lecturer will point out.

I personally put a lot of work into F7, practiced questions like crazy and had no problems getting through. I basically studied from the first lecture (a few ev's a week) to make sure as to not let the course work get to far ahead of me. It is really benefical as you will be properly
    prepared come the revision lectures.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Rule of thumb is about 2 hours for each hour of lectures, you need to divide it between reviewing what you've just covered, previewing what you're going to cover and longer term review/exam practice. At this stage it'll be hard to do exam level questions (because they normally contain a number of topics and you won't have covered much of the course) but make sure you can do any proof of concept questions, and that for F8 you are learning the check lists and mnemonics as you progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gottopass

thanks for the responses

Advertisement