Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 200 for 2 months an average electric bill for a 3 bed apt?

Options
  • 10-02-2013 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I live in a 3 bed all-electric apartment, moved in here with 2 other girls in August. Our most recent bi-monthly bill is 202 for early-mid December to early February and I'm trying to figure out if that is a high bill or not.

Before this bill we had only received two estimated bills, one for 50 euro in early-mid October and one in early December for 100 euro. We have an electric power shower (I think, at least the immersion doesn't need to be on to get hot water in the shower but there is high water pressure). We don't use the storage heaters but sometimes switch on the wall heaters in the bedrooms for about 30-40 min at a time. The other girls don't use the washer/dryer combo unit much (maybe once a month) since they normally go home on the weekends but I use it about once a week as I'm living here full time. We try to use the heater & washer/dryer at nightsaver times but its not always possible.

Given that would you say that 200 over two months seems like a reasonable bill? I think that 200 seems reasonable/average for a 3 bed all electric apartment, especially considering the other two bills were estimates & therefore probably a bit low but my two housemates think it is quite high.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

200 would be about right, even low if the previous ones were estimated. I would expect anything from 120-170 for a well insulated 3-bed during this time if you have electricity driving everything. Expect that to drop during summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dede12

Ok thank you, thats what I thought as well. Oh & should have mentioned, its not well insulated at all, the windows are all single pane & badly fitted & drafts in all the rooms :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Your 2 previous bills were estimated on the low side so that would mean a higher reading for the present bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Our bills are about that for a 2 bedroom using electric heating.

The €50 estimated was far too low, and tbh Id also say €100 for Nov-Dec is also too low, so its probable that the first read bill is going to have to compensate for low estimates from previous bills.

Advertisement