Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying mobile phone in Dublin

Options
  • 10-02-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I already have a sim card and would like to buy a cheap mobile phone - maybe in one of the shops in Moore street in Dublin. Does anyone have any experience with this, advice or suggestions? I don't need a smart phone, just something that works, and I'd rather not buy online as I don't have a credit card.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Dublin City forum

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there are shops all over the city centre selling them. if you are just after something that works try desmonds on talbot street and the wealth of shops around moore street. just make sure its working and the screen isnt scratched before leaving the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Don't know, if there's still a Cash Converters outlet around? Got my last phone on Thomas Street, it was working fine for 5 years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Power city do some sim free phones that are reasonable priced. Has the advantage of using any network sim.

http://www.powercity.ie/index.php?par=20-30&cat=Stereo,%20iPOD,%20Phones,%20Printers&action=brandstory

The nokia 100 is a great little phone, they have it for €29. You will get it cheaper online, but for sim free bricks and mortar its a decent price.

Note, some gsm only phones wont work with a H3GI sim card

Advertisement