Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Grant installments.

Options
  • 10-02-2013 6:49pm

Hi everyone just wondering I'm a second year student getting a maintenance grant from Fingal. Last year I got all my installments in one as I wasn't accepted for ages.
    Just wondering when they usually give out the installments?
    Friends have gotten theres in mid-late January. Fingal seem to be the latest and when I call them the lady on the phone tells me different times every day (mid February, late February, mid Feb again).
    Really stuck for cash atm so getting a bit frightened about this.
    Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hi everyone just wondering I'm a second year student getting a maintenance grant from Fingal. Last year I got all my installments in one as I wasn't accepted for ages.
    Just wondering when they usually give out the installments?
    Friends have gotten theres in mid-late January. Fingal seem to be the latest and when I call them the lady on the phone tells me different times every day (mid February, late February, mid Feb again).
    Really stuck for cash atm so getting a bit frightened about this.
    Thanks for any replies.

Maybe get onto some local councillors and ask them to see if they can sort it out for you

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

I think it could be this Friday, did you get the email to declare you are still attending college. Usually when you receive that you get it a week or two after.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    I think it could be this Friday, did you get the email to declare you are still attending college. Usually when you receive that you get it a week or two after.

Yeah I completed the confirmation of attendance about a week ago. Every time I call they tell me a later time. I can barely afford train fare atm (parents are paying, but they're both unemployed so haven't much to spare)
    Might email a councillor or two now, thanks for the help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yeah I completed the confirmation of attendance about a week ago. Every time I call they tell me a later time. I can barely afford train fare atm (parents are paying, but they're both unemployed so haven't much to spare)
    Might email a councillor or two now, thanks for the help guys.

Your councillors contacts are here

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/YourLocalCouncil/LocalDemocracy/Councillors/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement