Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBS or Griffith for ACCA F6 and F8?

Options
  • 10-02-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi there,

I'm planning to do F6 and F8 this June. Which college is better, DBS or Griffith? I am fine with both locations but lecture wise, w/c college would you go for?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gottopass

From looking through the threads it seems to be Julie Hawkins DBS for F6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

hana123 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm planning to do F6 and F8 this June. Which college is better, DBS or Griffith? I am fine with both locations but lecture wise, w/c college would you go for?

Thanks.

100% DBS for F6....julie hawkins IMO has to be the best lecturer for any acca exam. she works you hard and has a tough schedule but it is def worth it. She really helps you. Stick to her plan and it's tougher to fail than pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 hana123

Great, thanks to you both.

I am not sure with F8 though. Is the F8 lecturer good too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gottopass

hana123 wrote: »
    Great, thanks to you both.

I am not sure with F8 though. Is the F8 lecturer good too?

Hi Hana I haven't gone to DBS I'm only starting ACCA so not sure about F8 in DBS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

had cormac kavanagh in dbs....he's ok...got me through it 1st time. his lectures are easy to follow and revision classes were good. did find he got sidetracked quite a bit though and could have got through the material quicker. Had dave o'donoghue in independent for f7 and from what i hear he is very good for f8 but i didnt have him. But he will keep you interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JaneeMack

Julie Hawkins for F6 in DBS. Cormac Kavanagh was ok, not amazing but he did the job and I passed. F8 is an easy subject and Cormac was good at explaining things and coming up with examples. I took his class again for P1 but that was kinda boring but then again, P1 is a bit of a boring subject so..

• Registered Users Posts: 31 hana123

Thanks a lot guys for your comments. Have checked other colleges as well so I haven't decided yet. But thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Passed 8 and 6 with DBS, to be honest I can't recommend it for f8.
    The book was awful, Cormac's style isn't great, honestly you could do it at home with books and past papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

F6 go to Julie without a doubt. Very easy to understand notes.

F8, I home studied and found it easy enough. It's just a lot of reading. I wouldn't bother going to classes. Acca have a few lecture videos but once you stick with past papers you'll be fine.

Advertisement