Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information on 109 Nightrider?

Options
  • 10-02-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I've never used the nightrider bus from Dublin to Navan (the 109N) before although I have travelled this route during the day and I'm just looking for a bit of info on it. (I know this question appeared a few years ago, but I'm asking it again for more recent info)

A couple of years ago I went to Busáras at 12 and it was all closed, does it open again for the Nightrider or was that just an off thing?

If it does close, how do I get to the bus? Has anyone taken the Nightrider to Navan before?

I think the times it leaves are 00:30 and 3:30 are they pretty much on the dot?
    And does it only run Friday nights and Saturday nights? (Kind of stupid questions I know, but I just want to be sure I don't get stranded in Dublin).

Thanks for any help, much appriciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

Busáras closes at 23:00 and any buses after that depart from outside - usually Gate 16 which is opposite the LUAS stop (alongside the Busáras building).

Yep, Friday & Saturday nights (early hours of Saturday & Sunday)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Hi

just saw the query and thought to mention that you can take the number 30 midnight Dublin to Donegal bus from Bus Aras seven nights a week to Navan and Kells.

It leaves from the main entrance at Bus Aras and gets into Navan usually between 12.58am - 1.05am and into Kells about 1.15am-1.20am

I understand that you can use your 109 ticket that you may have if you got a return journey earlier from Navan or Kells.

The 12.30am 109N nightrider is a single 11 euros fare to Navan and it usually gets into Navan about 1.40am, so it takes longer.

Here is the timetable for the Dublin to Donegal number 30 bus on buseireann.ie which indicates that the midnight bus from Dublin Bus Aras, since last October 14th, stops in Navan and Kells.

People can also take this bus at the airport at 12.20am seven nights a week to Navan and Kells

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1349436566-30.pdf

Advertisement