Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs in apartment complex

Options
  • 10-02-2013 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Lucky enough to be living in an apartment complex with a nice communal garden area(mostly grass) that all apartments back on to. Many apartments have dogs and seem to think it fine to let the dogs off in it to take care of their business etc. I find myself going and checking each area my 2 year old is playing in to check for poop...Am I out of step thinking that this is irresponsible especially with kids and toddlers playing . Should I ask Management Company to intervene though I'm not sure what they could do in reality or enforce.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Check the rules of the complex; many will forbid pets such as dogs, and most will say that pets that cause a nuisance (such as dogs who cant be controlled) are forbidden. Id certainly be getting in contact with the management company; it sounds like some of your neighbours need a gentle reminder that the communal area is not their garden, and that if they want a dog they should seriously consider moving into a house that is suitable for such a pet (which an apartment complex most certainly isnt).

Advertisement