Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play Doom 3 without upgrading PS3 software?

Options
  • 10-02-2013 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I rarely buy games, and pretty much only use my PS3 as as a basic media centre.

I am still on the last firmware that you could dual boot into Linux on and don't really feel like upgrading from it.

Is there a way of playing my newly purchased Doom 3 BFG edition game without an upgrade, or am I sol?

Would it be worth changing over to one of the alternative firmwares out there? (I read the charter and it doesn’t mention not speaking about this, but in case I missed it my apologies and I can happily delete this part).

The message I am getting is my software is on version 3.15 and I need to upgrade to 4.21 or later.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Moved as per OP request.

I would advise against upgrading to 4.21.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You could upgrade to the latest 4.30/4.31 custom firmware...it'll allow you play the latest games. Not sure about dual boot functionality though, but it is homebrew friendly

Advertisement