Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm being pedantic, but ...

Options
  • 10-02-2013 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Just to be pedantic, the subtitle for this Unix sub forum says "Linux, Mac OS, BSD and other Unix-based operating systems". While the BSDs are Unix-based, and Mac OS X is derived from a BSD kernel, Linux isn't Unix-based. it's Unix-like.

edit: I'm not sure if the classic Mac OS (not Mac OS X) even uses BSD code.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

You would be correct if there was a comma after BSD. As it is written "BSD and other Unix-based operating systems" are a separate group from the other operating systems. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Nobody cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭cython

A better thing to be pedantic about would be that apparently Mac OS X has two fora based on the forum comments you're referring to :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

cython wrote: »
    A better thing to be pedantic about would be that apparently Mac OS X has two fora based on the forum comments you're referring to :pac:

Pedantic? fora?

Forums will do nicely :P

Advertisement