Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leather jacket with this dress for a wedding ok?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

the dress is lovely, I would get a leather jacket though..get a shawl type thing to go across your back and shoulders for the church in a contrasting colour, cheaper and more flattering to the style of dress

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Wouldnt mind a jacket but something id use again!Shawl maybe but not a huge fan of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Fab dress, but like the previous poster suggested, a shawl or cardigan would be far nicer than a leather jacket.

A leather jacket would cheapen the dress in my opinion, sorry if this is offensive, I don't mean it like that.

Oh no!!Im a bita of a rock chick at heart/alt so not great at wedding style!

I'd go with the leather jacket actually - I think it'd look good, and you'll wear it again.

Plus if you brought a shawl, you'd either be freezing or have to bring a coat, which would be a bit of a hassle. The jacket will keep you toasty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Oh no!!Im a bita of a rock chick at heart/alt so not great at wedding style!

I didn't mean to be horrible or anything, sorry if that's how I came across, if you feel comfortable in a leather jacket then definitely wear one, just I personally think a shawl/cardigan would look far nicer with the dress, but at the end of the day, it's what you feel comfortable in.

Oh i know deffo not offended

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think leather jacket is way more daring and interesting than a shavl. You just have to be careful to find something that works with the dress.

What colour jacket besides bacl would work in a jacket looking on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

This one might but I'm not sure that the style would wrk with a dress. I think something off white, light grey or some pastel colour would work but it's very hard to match them without seeing them together.
    http://shop.mango.com/IE/p0/mango/clothing/jackets/leather-jacket/?id=83108126_30&n=1&s=prendas.americanas&ie=0&m=&ts=1360455897605

Btw I think this style would work well with dress but I wouldn't dare to match pink with pink just from looking at pictures.

http://shop.mango.com/IE/p0/mango/clothing/jackets/leather-jacket/?id=83108126_30&n=1&s=prendas.americanas&ie=0&m=&ts=1360455897605

• Advertisement

Thinking a pastel colour and it would be worn in summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

If you got a classic style leather jacket (without it being all zips and metal) then it could be ok...like a leather blazer. Otherwise i wouldnt wear a leather jacket to a wedding, regardless of the colour.
    There are loads of lovely cotton blazers in the shops at the moment and you could get one of them? You'd get a blazer for between €20-€40. Would be much more classy and suitable for a wedding in my opinion if you don't want to wear a shawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

My friend got a wrap for €5 in hickeys last week. SHe needed something for over a dress for a wedding, but didn't want to spend a fortune because she said she'd never wear it again. She'd seen some in Monsoon and Debenhams, but they were €30+, so if you have Hickeys near you, have a look there.

Advertisement