Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Year College Project

Options
  • 09-02-2013 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I'm thinking of specializing in gaming and multimedia for my final year in college. When asked about project ideas, the lecturers basically said that the only option would be to make a game of some sort.

I was wondering if anyone knew any other sort of multimedia project that could be done because at the moment the specialization is very restricted if you can only make a game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

A simple game engine or perhaps one with a specialized purpose might be fun. It would probably quire a high level of maths though.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 bundaegi

Some ideas for multimedia projects...

Creative coding: lots of potential for interesting projects in this area. Example technologies: Processing; Processing.js; Cinder; openFrameworks.

Physical computing: build a game/multimedia app that interacts with the real-world via an interesting piece of hardware. Example technologies: Arduino; Arduino Esplora.

Data visualisation: find an interesting data set and produce an interactive visualisation. Example technologies: Processing; Processing.js; D3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

What languages do you have experience in?

If you are going to make a game libGDX or Unity3d are probably your safest bets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bleeding_souls

ChRoMe wrote: »
    What languages do you have experience in?

The main programming languages i've done are java and c#

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

The main programming languages i've done are java and c#

Then my previous post about libGDX or Unity3d could not be more perfect for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement