Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The hut woodturning supplies

Options
  • 09-02-2013 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever bought from this crowd? http://www.thehutwoodturningsupplies.com/

I ordered from them last week but got no response from them?

Ian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

IanVW wrote: »
    Has anyone ever bought from this crowd? http://www.thehutwoodturningsupplies.com/

I ordered from them last week but got no response from them?

Ian

Never used them. The website offers Chestnut products and nothing else !
    Might be worth trying the mobile number.
    The only other agent for Chestnut products in the ROI are Raitts in Stranolar and they will mail order.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

Shouldn't they, by law be providing an address if they are selling items online?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Tried ringing them but got no answer:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

They are great guys to deal with. It's been a while since I ordered from them but I know they can be busy with their full time jobs. Try their mobile numbers, it's a father and son team over the woodturning store. They used to sell good woodturning chisels also. Leave it with me and I'll see if I can get in contact with them.

Just got speaking with them. If you ordered over the last few days you should have your items early this week.

woodturner wrote: »
    They are great guys to deal with. It's been a while since I ordered from them but I know they can be busy with their full time jobs. Try their mobile numbers, it's a father and son team over the woodturning store. They used to sell good woodturning chisels also. Leave it with me and I'll see if I can get in contact with them.

Just got speaking with them. If you ordered over the last few days you should have your items early this week.

Thanks i appreciate that lol was just worried cause i never used them before!:) sound for that!!:)

• Advertisement

No worries. Don't be fooled by their website. Those guys stock a lot of stuff, Hamlet chisels, abrasives, clock fittings..... you name it.

No worries. Don't be fooled by their website. Those guys stock a lot of stuff, Hamlet chisels, abrasives, clock fittings..... you name it.

Yeah they have alot of stuff:) i ordered alot of finnishing stuff from them

If you turn bowls or other functional items get yourself a gallon of Liquid Paraffin in your local Farmers Co-Op. Far cheaper than buying the same thing in the chemist.

If you turn bowls or other functional items get yourself a gallon of Liquid Paraffin in your local Farmers Co-Op. Far cheaper than buying the same thing in the chemist.

That be similar to mineral oil?:)

Pretty much and it's food safe.

• Advertisement

Pretty much and it's food safe.

Ha yeah i got a small bottle in the chemist and cost a small fortune for a small bottle:) and a million questions as to what i wanted it for!:) how much would a gallon cost?

€20 or that.

€20 or that.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/buildingmaterials/4377298 These guys are in your neck of the woods if your still looking for timber for bowls and vases.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/buildingmaterials/4377298 These guys are in your neck of the woods if your still looking for timber for bowls and vases.

Cheers! Do you have any for sale?

A few small pieces. I have nothing for bowls or vases. The cherry bowls i turned were turned from a log a friend had. They will be his bowls and I'm getting to keep one of the big bowls.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dmcgarry

recipio wrote: »

Never used them. The website offers Chestnut products and nothing else !
    Might be worth trying the mobile number.
    The only other agent for Chestnut products in the ROI are Raitts in Stranolar and they will mail order.

Joe Laird at www.joelairdwoodturning.com is now a stockist for chestnut products as well.... he's out in dunshaughlin. Worth a ring if it's not on his site.

Damien McGarry
    Www.wexfordwoodworking.com

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

IanVW wrote: »
    That be similar to mineral oil?:)
    Different names for the same thing. It's generally called mineral oil in the US, and in the UK and Ireland, liquid paraffin. Note that this is absolutely NOT the same paraffin you use for heaters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JennyBowie

I know the hut people, and it's a lot easier to get them on their mobiles, they're nice guys and they have loads of stuff, Chestnut, loads of sand paper, Hamlet chisels, even the inserts for making pens, it's deadly. I was trying to get onto their website yesterday and I couldn't find it but I rang one of the guys and they sorted me out really quickly, and they're total gents too! :-)

Advertisement