Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get into acting in Ireland??

Options
  • 09-02-2013 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Any tips and advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭rox5

Stupid question I say, since this forum is more or less full of tips, but I wanted to ask anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dilemma2011

Yes! If you are free this Sunday 15th:

The Gaiety School of Acting is hosting a 'Try for Free' session this Sunday 15th for those interested in exploring the Michael Chekhov acting technique in their work.

The two workshops will be lead by one of the foremost exponents of the Michael Chekhov Technique, the internationally acclaimed Chekhov tutor Joerg Andrees. This is a wonderful opportunity to meet Joerg, who will be continuing the Michael Chekhov Advanced Training Programme at the Gaiety School of Acting in November.

The technique is very powerful but to experience it first-hand through Joerg is transforming.

If you would like to read a student overview of the Chekhov course with Joerg you can do so here:
    http://gaietyschoolofacting.wordpress.com/

For more information on the Programme and the Try For Free Booking please visit:
    http://gaietyschool.com/michael-chekhov-advanced-training-programme

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Study is always a good idea i heard the liberties, the lir, and Bray institute do great courses. Heard less good but still kinda reputable from inchicore. Id be suspicious of anywhere you dont need to audition to get in and just pay for because I think some natural ability is important.

Advertisement