Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tanning ???

Options
  • 08-02-2013 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just got the worse news of my life? I'm allergic to false tan so I was thinking about using tanning injections? Any one use them? Are they yay or nay? I've used sunbeds before but takes a long time for me to develop a basic colour. Any help will be great x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

If you're allergic to fake tan, why on earth would you even consider injection chemicals into your body? I have heard a lot of bad things about those tanning pills (never heard of injections) and no good things. It baffles me why people would even consider putting such toxins into their body.

A ney from me

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

NAY. And big time. It's illegal in the UK. It's dangerous to be self-injecting. On top of that, I've seen few girls who used them and the effect is awful. It's not tan, it's just orange.
    The Irish Medicines Board (IMB) issued a precautionary safety alert on February 27, 2009 regarding the use of "the unauthorised medicine Melanotan (I and II)", sold as a powder for injection, stating that "Melanotan is not authorised in Ireland and therefore the IMB cannot guarantee the efficacy, safety or quality of this product."[4] In its release, the IMB announced that its tests had found the presence of microbial contamination in a vial of water sold together with melanotan powder which "would expose recipients to a risk of serious infection".

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2008/11November/Pages/Suntaninjections.aspx

I know they're rags, but:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/4540868/Aaliyah-Johnson-nearly-died-after-using-illegal-tan-jab-Melanotan.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1381298/The-deadly-tan-jab-DIY-injection-promising-instant-tan-women-discovered-trigger-heart-disease-cancer.html#axzz2KQU41EU6

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1125006/How-thousands-women-injecting-illegal-instant-tan-drug-wreck-health.html#axzz2KQU41EU6

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Shauna.94 wrote: »
    Just got the worse news of my life? I'm allergic to false tan so I was thinking about using tanning injections? Any one use them? Are they yay or nay? I've used sunbeds before but takes a long time for me to develop a basic colour. Any help will be great x

I am allergic to certain brands of fake tan but not others. How do you know you are allergic to all of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Pythia wrote: »
    I am allergic to certain brands of fake tan but not others. How do you know you are allergic to all of them?

This. Not all fake tans have the same ingredients. Find out the specific ingredient you're allergic to and avoid that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Shauna.94 wrote: »

I am delighted for you that this news is the worse news of your life:rolleyes:

Do not use sun beds, you will regret it when you are older. There are numerous tanning products on the market that contain different chemicals you will for sure find a product suitable to your needs. Ask your friends for samples of teh products they use and buy a selection of products you have never used, apply a small amount to the inside of your upper arm to see if you develop a reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

I'm about 6 years using them. I only use them summer months. Sides are a bit of a turn off, girls find it hard work for that reason.

You can read the witch hunt stories, and some are unknown. But it's originally an anti cancer drug that's under research still.

Because it's a peptide you can't tell how your body is gonna react

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I'm sure you cant be allergic to all tans or even have tried all tans! Isn't their brands such as Tan Organic or other brands that contain mostly natural ingredients? Please don't use sun beds or injections. Also what about Mac face and body foundation, it comes in nice shades be more expensive then tan but at this time of year you wouldn't be showing loads of skin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Also Sally Hansen airbrush legs is a good instant tan/ body makeup

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Rockstar Tan fame is an instant tan which is rain proof. It's organic as well I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

This. Not all fake tans have the same ingredients. Find out the specific ingredient you're allergic to and avoid that.

Quite a daunting task considering the long list of ingredients.

Op go the organic route, better for your skin in the long run anyhow....Tan organics and Karora are your best bet.

I said it before and I'll say it again anyone who pumps tan injections into their body needs their heads examined....do you have any idea of the ingredients that go into these injections??? I bet not.The tan will last you a few weeks but the long term effects could last your lifetime..think about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement