Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing a puffer jacket

Options
  • 08-02-2013 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a puffer jacket in a sale, it fits perfectly but lastnight I put it on and kind of shrugged my shoulders at the same time and I heard a pop under the arm pit.

I took it off and saw that the stitching had burst open and feathers were coming out of the hole. The awkward thing is that the stitching is done from the inside so I'm not sure if simply sticking it up from the outside would solve the problem, it might even damage the jacket even more in the long run.

Any ideas on how to repair this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

id fix it by hand with invisible stitching, though it may split again, try removing some feathers to make more room.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Thanks, but I think stitching it will only cause further damage, especially if it rips again.

Does anyone know where I can get repair tape like this?

Advertisement